There are many ways to get involved with the Go Big Read program. As part of the selection process, the entire community is invited to nominate books. Course instructors interested in integrating the book into their class can receive a review copy and coupons for their students to get copies of the book. The program also supports those affiliated with UW-Madison wishing to organize book discussion groups. Members of the wider community can participate in discussion groups hosted by the Madison Public Library. For more information about any of these opportunities, explore the links to the right.
Access to Copies of the Book
There are many ways to access a copy of this academic year’s book.
- Campus Libraries will have copies available for check-out.
- Madison Public Library has copies available for check-out.
- First-Year Students who wish to participate will get free copies. Copies will be available following the Chancellor’s Convocation at the Kohl Center. Any First-Year Student not attending Convocation can pick up a copy at the Center for the First Year Experience Office.
- Students enrolled in courses that are using the book will get free copies.
Instructors and Faculty:
- Instructors can request a review copy or apply to receive free copies of the book for use in a course. Apply to receive free copies or request a review copy here.
- Campus and community book stores offer the title for purchase (many at a discounted rate).
Alternative Book Formats:
For those participating in Go Big Read programming who have a documented print-related disability, if you would like an accessible version of the book, please contact the Go Big Read Program.