Go Big Read Is Searching for Its Next Book!
It’s that time of the year again… the Go Big Read Program will now be taking suggestions for the 2020-2021 Go Big Read book!
Starting in 2009, The Go Big Read Program has grown immensely and allows for both UW-Madison students and the Madison community to spark discussions around the selected book.
Title suggestions for the book will be accepted through Nov.30, when a review committee will take all suggestions into consideration before handing recommendations off to Chancellor Rebecca Blank, who makes the final decision.
The ideal selection should have the following qualities:
- Be readable, relevant, engaging and well written.
- Appeal to people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view.
- Be conducive to teaching and learning, and offer opportunities for integration into academic programs.
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming.
The selection could be both fiction or non-fiction, preferably published within the past five years. Although some book selections, such as “Evicted” four years ago, have been Wisconsin-focused, that is not a requirement.
You can submit a book suggestion through the Go Big Read website.
The Go Big Read program looks forward to seeing what suggestions you can come up with!
Student Assistant, Go Big Read Office