Memorial Library is currently featuring a display of immigration books in the lobby, and if you’re reading Enrique’s Journey for a spring semester course, you might want to check them out!
However, there are a number of places you can go to find books and resources about immigration- whether you’re reading this year’s Go Big Read or you’re just looking for more information. To start, check out these research guides:
- Enrique’s Journey Research Guide: This guide, created especially for Enrique’s Journey, includes reviews, suggested books and article databases, films, and more- plus tips for searching the library catalog.
- Immigration Between the US and Mexico Research Guide
- Immigration Law Research Guide
- Immigration: A Research Guide for Undergraduates
- Our resources page might also be helpful.
While Enrique’s Journey focuses on modern-day immigration issues, immigration has been part of American history from the beginning. Visit the Wisconsin Historical Society’s website for resources about historical immigration and settlements in Wisconsin. Looking for something else? Ask a Librarian for help!